Virginia, US


If your company is sending employees to Spain—Fragomen is here to help. Working closely with our Local Advisors in Spain, we provide the immigration strategies and support you need to get your employees on the ground as quickly as possible. 

Immigration to Spain is governed by both national and EU  legislation. 
Business visitors to Spain typically use a local version of the Schengen C Visa, unless they are visa-exempt based on their nationality. The Schengen Area limits stays for visitors to 90 days in a 180-day period. 

The main work authorization categories are the Intracompany Transfer Permit under the Entrepreneurs Act, available to intracompany transfers; and the Local Hire Permit under the Entrepreneurs Act, available to locally hired professionals. 

Permits are also available under national schemes for the EU Blue Card, Intracompany Transfer and Local Hire, but these are very rarely used in practice due to the benefits of the Entrepreneurs Act permit types. 
EU/EEA/Swiss nationals are visa and work authorization exempt. 
Note that birth and marriage certificates and police clearances may not be older than 3 months. These and other support documents must be translated by an official translator, and must be legalized / Apostilled, which may take several weeks.

Detailed Immigration Snapshots, Document Lists and Process Guides are available to clients on request.