UK Complaints Process
Please note that the below complaints procedure only applies if your complaint relates to advice provided by our UK office, Fragomen LLP.
If you have concerns about the services or invoices received from Fragomen LLP, please speak to the person responsible for your case. If this does not give you the desired results, please consult our complaints procedure; We shall make every effort to deal with your complaint as quickly as possible.
If you are not satisfied with our handling of a complaint, you may be entitled to ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the complaint, although an enterprise can generally only do so if it is a micro-enterprise (turnover not exceeding €2 million and employing less than 10 employees).
You can contact the Legal Ombudsman via information available at Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within a year of when the act or omission about which you are complaining occurred (or you became aware of it).
If your complaint involves an invoice for services performed by Fragomen LLP, in addition to referring the matter to the Legal Ombudsman you alternatively may have a right to apply to the Court for an assessment of the relevant invoice under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. If you exercise a right to have the invoice assessed by the Court, you cannot refer the issue to the Legal Ombudsman. If the services Fragomen LLP has provided relate to proceedings in a Court or tribunal, you may additionally be entitled to have the amount of fees for such services assessed under Rules of Court or regulations applying to the particular proceedings, or under the inherent jurisdiction of the Court or tribunal before which the proceedings have taken, or are taking, place.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority may also help you if you are concerned about our behaviour: Solicitors Regulation Authority.