Virginia, US

Hungary Immigration Services

If your company is sending employees to Hungary — Fragomen is here to help. Working closely with our Local Advisors in Hungary, we provide the immigration strategies and support you need to get your employees on the ground as quickly as possible.  If you have any questions, please click here to contact us.

Business visitors to Hungary typically use a local version of the Schengen C Visa, which most foreign nationals are required to obtain prior to arrival in Hungary. The Schengen area limits stay to 90 days within a 180-day period, counted across the entire Schengen area. Visa nationals cannot change from business visitor to work authorized in country.

Hungary has a Single Permit for work and residence authorization, with process and requirements depending on the nature of the transfer. The Single Permit for Local Hire is suitable for skilled foreign workers on a local contract and generally requires labor market testing. The EU Intracompany Transferee (ICT) Permit is suitable for intracompany transfers of managers, specialists and trainees. The Single Permit for Assignment/Secondment and the EU Blue Card are available but rarely used in practice. The permit validity and renewal options vary per category.

Note that EU/EEA and Swiss nationals can work in Hungary without a work permit, but registration and notification steps remain required. 

Detailed Immigration Snapshots, Document Lists and Process Guides are available to clients on request.