Sweden Immigration Services

If your company is sending employees to Sweden — Fragomen is here to help. Working closely with our Local Advisors in Sweden, we provide the immigration strategies and support you need to get your employees on the ground as quickly as possible.  If you have any questions, please click here to contact us.

Business visitors to Sweden typically use a local version of the Schengen C Visa, unless they are visa exempt based on their nationality. The Schengen Area limits stay to 90 days in a 180-day period, counted throughout the Schengen Area.

The main work authorization types are the Work and Residence Permit, available to a broad range of professionals; the EU Transferee (ICT) Permit, suitable for transfers of managers, specialists and graduate trainees; and the Residence Permit for Visiting Researchers, suitable for foreign nationals invited to conduct research at a Swedish research institution. Applicants cannot be in Sweden while the application is being processed.

Note that the minimum salary level and terms of employment must be acceptable according to trade union standards. Dependents (including same-s​ex and de facto partners) are granted work authorization if the foreign national is granted a work permit valid for at least six months. 

Detailed Immigration Snapshots, Document Lists and Process Guides are available to clients on request.