El Salvador Immigration Services

Visa nationals require a consular or consulted visa (depending on nationality) to enter El Salvador for business purposes. Visas for business, investment or trade purposes are issued for a single entry or for up to two years for multiple entries, and allow an initial stay of up to 90 days, extendable once for an additional 90 days at the discretion of immigration authorities. Visa-waived nationals can enter El Salvador for business purposes without a visa for up to 90 days, extendable once for an additional 90 days, for a total maximum stay of 180 days. ​
Foreign nationals who travel frequently to El Salvador for business can apply in country for a Frequent Traveler Card. This card can be issued for up to three years and allows multiple entries for up to 90 days of stay in each entry. Foreign nationals holding a Frequent Traveler Card do not require a visa to enter El Salvador and do not need to pay a tourist card fee at each entry.
All foreign nationals seeking to work in El Salvador must obtain both a Work Permit and a Temporary Residence Permit in country. The Work Permit and Temporary Residence Permit are valid for an initial period of one or two years and can be extended for up to five years. 
Nationals of Central American countries can apply directly for permanent residence. Nationals of Spain or Latin American, Spanish-speaking countries can apply for permanent residence after one year of holding a Temporary Residence Permit. All other foreign nationals can apply for permanent residence after three consecutive renewals of their Temporary Residence Permit.
Detailed Immigration Snapshots, Document Lists and Process Guides are available to clients on request.