Nigeria Immigration Services

If your company is sending employees to Nigeria — Fragomen is here to help. Working closely with our Local Advisors in Nigeria, we provide the immigration strategies and support you need to get your employees on the ground as quickly as possible.  If you have any questions, please click here to contact us.


​​The Nigerian immigration​​ system is regulated by a defined legal process, providing many options for employers of foreign nationals. Nigeria is a member of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). Requirements, processing times, employment eligibility and benefits for accompanying family members vary by permit type.

A business visa is suitable for business visitors and generally permits a stay of up to 90 days, which can be extended in the country for a further 30 to 90 days, at the authorities' discretion. Non-ECOWAS nationals require an extension for any stay of 56 cumulative days or more in a 12-month period.

A ​Combined Expatriate Residence Permit and Aliens Card (CERPAC) or a Temporary Work Permit (TWP) is suitable for foreign nationals undertaking work, depending on their intended length of stay. Additionally, non-ECOWAS nationals have different work authorization options than ECOWAS nationals.

Detailed Immigration Snapshots, Document Lists and Process Guides are available to clients on request.