Virginia, US


If your company is sending employees to Finland—Fragomen is here to help. Working closely with our Local Advisors in Finland, we provide the immigration strategies and support you need to get your employees on the ground as quickly as possible. 

Finnish law provides many solutions to help employers of foreign nationals. Requirements, processing times, employment eligibility, and benefits for accompanying family members vary by visa classification.

Business visitors to Finland typically use a local version of the Schengen-C Visa, unless they are visa exempt based on their nationality. The Schengen area limits stay to 90 days in a 180 day period, counted throughout the Schengen area.

The most general work authorization option is the Residence Permit for an Employed Person. It is available for all types of work, subject to labor market testing. The permit can be issued for one year initially, depending on the contract and passport validity, and can be extended.

EU/European Economic Area/Swiss nationals do not require work or residence authorization.

Note that foreign nationals who will receive any monetary compensation from a Finnish entity require a residence permit, regardless of activities performed or duration of stay.   

Detailed Immigration Snapshots, Document Lists and Process Guides are available to clients on request.