Virginia, US


If your company is sending employees to Honduras — Fragomen is here to help. Working closely with our Local Advisors in Honduras, we provide the immigration strategies and support you need to get your employees on the ground as quickly as possible.  If you have any questions, please click here to contact us.

Visa-exempt nationalities can travel to Honduras without an entry visa and remain for periods of up to 90 days.  Visa nationals entering Honduras for business visits can obtain a multiple-entry Consular Visa ("Visa Consular"), which is granted up to 60 days, depending on the immigration officer’s discretion.
The maximum cumulative stay is 180 days in a 365-day period, in the cases when the foreign national travels in and out of the country for separate visits. When the foreign national enters Honduras for business purposes, he/she is allowed a maximum consecutive stay of 120.  The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Honduras must issue its own authorization before the Honduran consular post abroad can issue the visa.

All foreign nationals who will engage in remunerated work activities in Honduras must obtain a Special Stay Permit (“Permiso de Permanencia Especial”) and Work Permit ID Card ("Carnet de Trabajo"). The Special Stay Permit is valid for a minimum of one year and in certain cases, can be issued (at the authorities’ discretion) for a maximum of five years. The Work Permit ID Card can be issued for periods of one or two years.

Note that there may be long government processing times.

Detailed Immigration Snapshots, Document Lists and Process Guides are available to clients on request.