Honduras Immigration Services

• Honduras's immigration laws provide several options for foreign nationals seeking to travel to the country for business or work.
• Visa-exempt nationals can travel to Honduras without an entry visa and remain for periods of up to 30 days. Depending on the country of citizenship, visa nationals entering Honduras for business visits must obtain either a Consular Visa (Visa Consular) or a Consulted Visa (Visa Consultada​). Both types of visas are requested directly at a Honduran consular post; however, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Honduras must issue its own authorization before the Honduran consular post can issue a Consulted Visa.
• Both visa-exempt and visa nationals can apply to extend their business stay in Honduras for up to 90 additional days for a total of 120 consecutive days; however, foreign nationals who make multiple visits to Honduras for separate business visits are allowed a maximum cumulative stay of 180 days within a 365-day period.
• Generally, foreign nationals can perform work activities without work authorization if their intended stay is less than 30 days and they do not receive remuneration or payments from a Honduran source. Foreign nationals who engage in remunerated work activities in Honduras must obtain a Special Stay Permit with Work Contract. The Special Stay Permit is valid for a minimum of one year, and at the authorities’ discretion, may be issued for a maximum of five years. After five years of holding a Special Stay Permit, the foreign ​national must apply for temporary residence.​​​
Detailed Immigration Snapshots, Document Lists and Process Guides are available to clients on request.