Connecticut, US

Finland Immigration Services

If your company is sending employees to Finland — Fragomen is here to help. Working closely with our Local Advisors in Finland, we provide the immigration strategies and support you need to get your employees on the ground as quickly as possible.  If you have any questions, please click here to contact us.

​​Finnish law provides several ​solutions for employers of foreign nationals. Requirements, processing times, employment eligibility, and benefits for accompanying family members vary by visa classification.
Business visitors to Finland typically use a local version of the Schengen C Visa, unless they are visa exempt based on their nationality. The Schengen Area limits stay to 90 days in a 180-day period. Note that foreign nationals who will receive any monetary compensation from a Finnish entity require a residence permit, regardless of activities performed or duration of stay.
The main work authorization category is the Residence Permit for a Specialist, suitable for highly skilled experts. The permit can be issued for two years initially and can be extended.
EU/European Economic Area/Swiss nationals do not require work or residence authorization.
Detailed Immigration Snapshots, Document Lists and Process Guides are available to clients on request.