Connecticut, US


If your company is sending employees to Peru—Fragomen is here to help. Working closely with our Local Advisors in Peru, we provide the immigration strategies and support you need to get your employees on the ground as quickly as possible. 

Peruvian law provides many solutions to help employers of foreign nationals.  Requirements, processing times, employment eligibility, and benefits for accompanying family members vary by visa classification.

Business visitors can stay for up to 30, 60, 90 or 183 days, depending on their activity and source of income. Stays over 183 days or that involve complex activities may require work authorization, depending on various circumstances.

Peru does not have a short-term work permit. The Appointed Worker Temporary Visa is typically used for assignments of under one year during which the assignee will remain an employee of a foreign company and under foreign payroll. The Resident Worker Visa is typically used for assignments of more than one year during which the foreign national will become an employee of the Peruvian company and when a labor relationship between the foreign national and the local employer exists. Applications for either type of permit can be made at a consulate or through the in-country process.

Note that the Peruvian Immigration Authority  (MIGRACIONES) has recently introduced rule and process interpretation changes. Additionally, all documents issued abroad must be legalized and certified by apostille or by a Peruvian consulate, depending on the document's country of origin, and must also be translated into Spanish by a local official translator. Documents issued abroad are valid for up to six months, and locally-issued documents are valid for up to three months from their issuance date.  

Detailed Immigration Snapshots, Document Lists and Process Guides are available to clients on request.

Fragomen in Peru is Godoy Córdoba Migratorio S.A.C
1 professionals